10.17.08 The Day Our Forever Family Began

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sent from Heaven 07.09.11

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

~*Our Wedding Day*~

All Natural Beauty Tips: For Best Results Use Daily

~Attractive Lips: For attractive lips, speak only kind words. "My lips shall not speak wickedness, nor my tongue utter deceit." Job 27:4
~Beautiful Eyes: For beautiful eyes, look for the good. If you look for the good, it'll reflect back on you. "Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God." D&C 18:10
~Proper Rest: Sweet dreams bring beautiful tomorrows! "Cease to sleep longer than is needful; retired to thy bed early that ye may not be weary; arise early, that your bodies and your minds may be invigorated." D&C 88:124
~Daily Cleansing: A daily program of cleansing helps eliminate blemishes. Daily Cleansing keeps your skin beautiful and helps to eliminate blemishes. Daily Repentance and committment to keep the commandments, keeps you free from the blemish of sin. "Wash me thoroughly from mine iniquity and cleanse me from sin." Psalms 51:2
~Drink Plenty of Water: Pure water cleanses the body. The well of living water purifies the soul. Drink freely from the well of water that leads to eternal life. "But the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life." John 4:14
~Good Posture: Stand Tall, you are a Daughter of God. Walk with knowledge that you'll never walk alone. "Do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you..." D&C 68:6

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

My Granddaddy


Granddaddy's Obituary by Uncle Paul

The Rev. Ray Davis Jr., 76, passed away on Friday, June 29, 2012, at Health Center Northwest in Kalispell.
He was born Aug. 25, 1935, to Helen Dickerson and Gorman Ray Davis Sr., in Baltimore. Following graduation in 1953 from City College High School in Baltimore, he served four years in the United States Air Force.
In 1957, he married Dorothy Jean Rogers at Waverly Methodist Church in Baltimore.
After graduating from Towson State Teachers College, and teaching two years in the public schools, he entered Wesley Seminary in Washington, D.C., graduating with a Masters Degree in 1966. While attending school, he served various churches in Maryland, including Mount Airy, Pleasant Grove, Monroe Street, Deer Creek and Mount Tabor. Following ordination in the Baltimore Conference he transferred to the Montana Methodist Conference, which is now the Yellowstone United Methodist Church Conference. His ministry in that conference included Montana churches at Sunburst, Kevin, Sweetgrass, Columbia Falls (where he was appointed twice), Livingston and an appointment at Cody, Wyo. He also served a term as District Superintendent of the Great Falls District of the United Methodist Church of the Yellowstone Conference.
He was an avid sports enthusiast, enjoying golf, tennis and softball, and officiating high school sports. His service included numerous church and community service boards. He especially enjoyed music, often singing in choirs and as a soloist.
He is survived by his wife, Jean, of Kalispell; his son, Paul, of St. Louis, Mo.; daughter, Virginia “Ginny” Neal and her husband, Vard, of Stone, Idaho; daughter, Cheryl “Cheri” Davis, of Tyler, Texas; sister, Nancy Smith and her husband, Steve, of Baltimore; brother-in-law, Ron Rogers and his wife, Peggy, of West Virginia; five granddaughters, Krista Peters and her husband, Michael, of Texas, Kaylie Jones and her husband, Rocky, of California, April Neal of Pocatello, Idaho, and Amber Neal and Varcy Neal of Stone. He is also survived by two great-granddaughters, Annabella Peters of Texas and Reggie Jones of California; four nieces and their families, Heather Shipley, Sloane Fuller and Brooke Rogers, all of Maryland, and Amy Walker of Mississippi; and one nephew, Steve Smith of Maryland; close family cousins, Ron Smith of Maryland, Harvey Lewis and Phyllis Wray, Linda and Lyman Riley, and Tommy Davis of Virginia, and Lee Davis of Baltimore.
The family requests donations be made to Epworth United Methodist Church Memorial Fund. Please designate gifts to be attributed to either the hymnal fund or the Flathead Lake United Methodist Church Camp fund.
Visitation for Rev. Ray will be held from 6 to 9 p.m. on Friday, July 6, in the Johnson-Gloschat Funeral Chapel. Funeral services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, July 7, at Epworth United Methodist Church in Kalispell, and also at 6:30 p.m. Sunday, July 8 at the Columbia Falls United Methodist Church in Columbia Falls.
Johnson-Gloschat Funeral Home is caring for Rev. Ray's family. You are invited to go to www.jgfuneralhome.com to offer condolences and view Rev. Ray's tribute wall.


Aquarium of the Bay October 2011

 San Francisco October 2011

Alaskan Cruise August 2010

My Granddaddy was a wonderful man and an absolute joy to be around. He was mighty in so many ways. My love for ball stemmed from his same love. He shared that with my Mom and my Mom shared it with me.

I remember all the Cookie Monster figures in his office when he was the pastor at the Methodist Church in Columbia Falls, Montana. One specifically that sticks out in my mind was where Cookie Monster was in a yellow cookie jar and you'd roll a ball on the outside and Cookie Monster would pop out. I also remember he loved owls too. I'd consider him a wise owl. :)
Granddaddy was always adventurous and willing to spend time with his granddaughters.
When April and I went to Disney World with Grandma and him, Grandma had meetings one day so Granddaddy took us to the park. We went on Space Mountain seven times in a row! He'd bring it up as one of the best times he had and how awesome it was.

When Grandma and he took Krista and me to Disneyland when I was six, Grandma told me he held me while I slept as we waited in line forever for Splash Mountain. I'm sure it wasn't the easiest thing to hold a chubby six year old standing for an extended amount of time.
I'm not sure exactly when we started our "Hot Stuff" jokes but it was at least four years ago. I know he started it after I had done something exciting in softball. When Granddaddy and I would see each other, we'd see who could "sizzle" the other first. We would call each other "Hot Stuff."

Granddaddy participated in our wedding by performing a Ring Ceremony before our luncheon. At our reception, we danced to the song, "Keeper of the Stars."
I'm sure there are so many more memories that I'll think of later. I'm so thankful for my Granddaddy and the example he was to me. He was a wonderful support to me even through the many miles.

Keep sizzlin' Granddad! Love you and hit a few homers for me! <3

No comments: