- While heading back from another bout with "rental car hell" at the Sacramento Airport, I saw a truck (kind of like a Uhaul) tip over while turning on an on-ramp. I thought the truck was hauling hay so I thought a bale of hay had fallen off the truck. We were just about to go under the overpass that this truck was on so I didn't see the whole scene. While the scene was in our "blind spot," I told Rocky that I thought something was going to tip off of a truck (a hay bale). After we'd gotten to the other side, I looked back and the truck was on its side. Luckily it was on the far side of the on-ramp so it didn't tip over onto another car since it was a two-laner.
- Going into the church, there was a pizza delivery guy walking in at the same time as us. Not only is it Sunday, but Fast Sunday. He walks in and finds a lady in the hall and asks if she knows a "Katie." The lady looked bewildered and the guy said well she ordered a pizza here, and the lady said, "Here? At the church?!" It was SO funny!
Now on to other things that have been happening...
- Rocky got his work truck finally. We were in a total of 4 rental cars since driving out here: a red (toyota camry) i think; black Chrysler 300; black Chevy Cobalt; and silver Ford Fusion. The 300 and Fusion were very nice but let's just say I'll be good to not deal with rental cars for a good amount of time.
- I got called to teach the 4 year-olds in Primary. It's amazing the gap between the 4-5 yr-olds and 5-6 yr-olds!!! I've figured out that I need to have something to keep their attention by having them work towards something for at the end of class. I hope that makes sense. I'm sure it'll will get easier as soon as I get in a groove of how to "teach" them. Lesson-related activities will be the key but it's tough finding the right ones to do and ones that can be done in a reasonable amount of time.
- I found a good doctor and good hospital. We took a tour of the hospital when it had an open house a few weeks ago and it was a very nice facility.
Well, I think that bout does it for this post. Baby post next.