10.17.08 The Day Our Forever Family Began

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sent from Heaven 07.09.11

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

~*Our Wedding Day*~

All Natural Beauty Tips: For Best Results Use Daily

~Attractive Lips: For attractive lips, speak only kind words. "My lips shall not speak wickedness, nor my tongue utter deceit." Job 27:4
~Beautiful Eyes: For beautiful eyes, look for the good. If you look for the good, it'll reflect back on you. "Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God." D&C 18:10
~Proper Rest: Sweet dreams bring beautiful tomorrows! "Cease to sleep longer than is needful; retired to thy bed early that ye may not be weary; arise early, that your bodies and your minds may be invigorated." D&C 88:124
~Daily Cleansing: A daily program of cleansing helps eliminate blemishes. Daily Cleansing keeps your skin beautiful and helps to eliminate blemishes. Daily Repentance and committment to keep the commandments, keeps you free from the blemish of sin. "Wash me thoroughly from mine iniquity and cleanse me from sin." Psalms 51:2
~Drink Plenty of Water: Pure water cleanses the body. The well of living water purifies the soul. Drink freely from the well of water that leads to eternal life. "But the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life." John 4:14
~Good Posture: Stand Tall, you are a Daughter of God. Walk with knowledge that you'll never walk alone. "Do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you..." D&C 68:6

Monday, March 12, 2012

So Behind... Our Life during 2011

I am so far behind and completely overwhelmed with all that I need to catch up on! The last month has been crazy! I can't believe it's 2012 already! The year 2011 seriously flew by! I guess this post will be about our past year since I don't know where to start with everything else...
January: Rocky started his new job. We were so very blessed to get this opportunity and it worked out perfectly, transitioning from one job to the next without any major space in between. Rocky trained in SLC for this month as well as February.

We also had to fit in trying to find a place to live out in California where Rocky's job was based.

February: This was quite the month! Rocky continued to train in SLC and also traveled to Minnesota for more training. I spent time hanging out at home during this time. We celebrated Rocky's 25th birthday and Valentine's Day at Ruth's Chris steakhouse in Park City! It was a nice little getaway for a few hours. We also found out that we were having a GIRL this month! The very same day, we got in a car accident in our new car, that we'd had less than six months, on our way out of town in the middle of a blizzard basically. The car ended up getting totaled and we learned a lesson in insurance... you definitely get what you pay for and make sure you have an actual agent. We moved out to Cali.

March-June: Rocky worked quite a bit and did very well whatever tasks he was doing. He worked on getting to know his team and doing what he could while he learned the ropes and got all his equipment/tools. My 24th birthday was in April and I continued to get bigger throughout my pregnancy. I was called to be a Primary Teacher. We were blessed to have two baby showers thrown for us in May. At the end of June, I became property manager over the complex we moved to.

July: The 4th was spent out at our Bishop's house bbq-ing, our jalapeno poppers we brought disappearing too quickly and soaking my pregnant body in the pool! Thank you Norman family! :)This month our whole world changed when we were blessed with our wonderful baby girl Reggie Brooke! We had an appointment on the 8th. I figured if I was far enough along to move forward, I would have the rest of the day to pack and get my things and we'd go to the hospital in the morning, which I didn't think would happen at all. Well I was far enough along that my doctor wanted me to go for a walk and then come back to check-in to the hospital! Surprise! It was a crazy day! We had to go back home to pack our things and we also ran a few errands before heading back which included: getting a new phone for myself, eating at Togo's [my favorite sandwich shop out here], and walking in the mall so I wouldn't die of heat! We kept getting pushed back since my induction wasn't a medical emergency. We checked in to the hospital around 10 p.m. on the 8th and had Reggie at 10:11 a.m. the next day, July 9th, 2012. I had an epidural which was the best thing ever! Reggie was sunny-side-up for a while but she eventually rolled over and it was shortly after that, things were in full swing to get her here. Pushed for about 30 minutes and here was our beautiful baby! I think I might've  been able to get her here sooner if I hadn't been dead asleep and was pushing within 5 minutes of them waking me up. We didn't choose her name until the next day by lunchtime. We think we made the right choice! :)  Rocky's parents and my family both made trips out to see us and helped us with adjusting to a new addition.

August-September: August was a whirlwind of getting up a few times a night and moving Reggie to her crib. She was in her crib by the time she was a month and a half old. She didn't like the bassinet very well at all and slept so much better in her crib. As soon as we got her days and nights figured out, she started sleeping through the night pretty well, getting up maybe once a night. So lucky I know! We blessed her on September 11th at my home ward. Rocky did an amazing job and even gave a talk as well! These are the times when everyone sees what a truly great man I have as my husband! We had several family members and friends come and it was so wonderful to see them.

October: We went to the ward trunk-or-treat and Reggie won Best Costume Award: Infant Class. She was Snow White and oh-so-cute! We're not biased at all! :) For treats, we handed out Capri Suns to help the kids wash down all that candy. We also got Reggie a little pumpkin to paint. We mostly kept her from putting the paint-dipped brush in her mouth.

November: We celebrated Thanksgiving with the Bishop and his wife's family. We had a wonderful meal and played a very long game of Monopoly. We went down to Monterey Bay and spent some time with my cousin and his wife.

December: We were able to go home early in the month and celebrated Christmas early. Reggie received so many gifts and we barely had enough room to bring everything home. We rode the train into Salt Lakt, ate at Iggy's [one of our favorite restaurants] and saw the lights at Temple Square. It got pretty cold, especially for little miss Reggie but we were glad we were able to go. We were so happy to be able to spend part of Reggie's first Holiday season with family!

Rocky was called as a Young Men's leader sometime during the year but I can't remember exactly when.

Overall 2011 was great! This is the longest we've been at one place so that's been marvelous, not keeping our move-every-6-months trend. Reggie is growing up so fast and it's hard to keep up with all her accomplishments and constant changing. She is the most wonderful blessing! It's so surreal to be a parent and to have this amazing little spirit with us. We love her so much and she has immensely enriched our lives. Here's to a fantastic 2012!



Reggie Brooke - July 9, 2011
Monterey Bay
Temple Square


Happy Thanksgiving!
Merry Christmas!

No comments: