10.17.08 The Day Our Forever Family Began

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sent from Heaven 07.09.11

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

~*Our Wedding Day*~

All Natural Beauty Tips: For Best Results Use Daily

~Attractive Lips: For attractive lips, speak only kind words. "My lips shall not speak wickedness, nor my tongue utter deceit." Job 27:4
~Beautiful Eyes: For beautiful eyes, look for the good. If you look for the good, it'll reflect back on you. "Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God." D&C 18:10
~Proper Rest: Sweet dreams bring beautiful tomorrows! "Cease to sleep longer than is needful; retired to thy bed early that ye may not be weary; arise early, that your bodies and your minds may be invigorated." D&C 88:124
~Daily Cleansing: A daily program of cleansing helps eliminate blemishes. Daily Cleansing keeps your skin beautiful and helps to eliminate blemishes. Daily Repentance and committment to keep the commandments, keeps you free from the blemish of sin. "Wash me thoroughly from mine iniquity and cleanse me from sin." Psalms 51:2
~Drink Plenty of Water: Pure water cleanses the body. The well of living water purifies the soul. Drink freely from the well of water that leads to eternal life. "But the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life." John 4:14
~Good Posture: Stand Tall, you are a Daughter of God. Walk with knowledge that you'll never walk alone. "Do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you..." D&C 68:6

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sent from Heaven 7.9.11

July 4, 2011

My doctor personally called me and asked if I wanted to be induced because he was leaving the country for 2 weeks the day after my due date [7.13]. We had never planned on induction but since I'd already had to find a different doctor when we moved out here, I wanted to do everything possible to have my doctor. I wanted to have at least one factor through this experience that I was familiar with. Still though, I wasn't sure.

July 8, 2011

It was a very busy day! I had an appointment at 11:45 a.m. The doctor came in and asked what we thought and we said we wanted to see how my progress was and then we'd go from there. I didn't want to force it if my body wasn't already somewhat prepared. We were shocked to find out I was at a 3. The next thing out of the doctor's mouth was the biggest shock; go home, go for a walk, come back and we'll get you started tonight. TONIGHT?! What?!!?

When we were getting ready to come to the appointment, I told Rocky we should bring our stuff with us since the doctor/hospital is 45 minutes to an hour away. He said not to worry about it and we figured that if I was going to be induced, the doctor would have us go to the hospital the next morning and we'd have the night to get ready.

The doctor said tonight would be the best option because he was already on call at the hospital for the night. The other option for being induced was Tuesday, July 12 but he said it'd be a big chance to take because if women came in needing an induction for medical reasons , I'd get pushed back since mine would be for nonmedical reasons.

It was so surreal! The last couple months had been that way because I just couldn't wrap my head around the fact that I was going to have a baby and be a mother. Now here it was! Basically right now!

We told the doctor we'd call him after going home to walk and seeing how I felt. The crazy part was running random errands before going home. First we went and got a new phone for me [I needed it for work]. Then we went to Togo's for lunch where we saw one of Rocky's coworkers. It was just weird telling him we were heading home to get ready to probably head to the hospital later.

On the way home, we decided we should go ahead with the induction. We called the doctor and he told us to call the hospital to tell them to try to fit us in. There was supposed to be a spot opening up by 6.

We went to the mall so I could walk inside and not die of heat outside. Then we went home to get our stuff together. I was kind of running around everywhere trying to get everything, not frantically though. I was still in a state of shock. Rocky said I was going around like a chicken with its head cut off. I don't think I was that bad. :)

We called the hospital to check on the spot, they said to call back at 7. This was good because we still didn't have everything together. Plus I wanted to shower because I wasn't sure how long it'd be until I was able to.

We got pushed back again and again. Finally at 8:45ish they called and told us to head in. We finally left a little after 9 and arrived by 10 p.m.

10:00 p.m.: Arrival and check in

10:20 p.m.: IV put in hand and monitors on

Sleeping was kind of difficult because it'd take me awhile to settle the racing thoughts, "I'm going to have a baby within the next 24 hours!" I'd finally get to sleep and the nurse would come in and wake me up.

2:00 a.m.: Epidural [BEST thing I did]

2:30-9:00 a.m.: I was woken up to either be rolled over to my other side, checked to see my progress [one of the reasons I was so thankful for the epidural!] or fix the monitors because there'd be a kink in the cord(s).

9:00 a.m. came around and the nurse came in to tell me it'd be another hour then it'd be time to start pushing.

She lied!

She came in at 9:35 a.m. and I was exhausted!! I was sleeping good finally and could not wake up out of that sleep. She came in and next thing I knew I was told to start pushing during the contractions. I had the hardest time waking up. I could NOT open my eyes!! It took me at least 10 minutes to kind of wake up. I was so tired I couldn't focus on pushing. I feel that if I would've been more awake, I would've been able to deliver sooner.

My last preggo pic before going into the hospital

Me and all my monitors

10:11 a.m.
Reggie Brooke Jones
Weight: 7 pounds, 8 ounces
Height: 19 1/2 inches
All I could do after she was born and laying on me was cry tears of joy (and exhaustion)! While I was in my final push, the doctor told me to look up. He was holding her and he waved her little arm at me and said, "Hi Mom!" :) [This was a little on the strange side for Rocky]
She was so perfect and everything was still so surreal! I couldn't believe that it was already over! I wasn't pregnant anymore. I just had a baby. I was a Mom. It's just all so amazing and miraculous!
It took us a day and a half to finally pick her name. It was between Reggie Brooke and Millie. Everytime I would think to call her Millie, it wouldn't come clear; it was a struggle to say it. I would almost say Mylie.
We chose Reggie Brooke for a couple reasons:
1) it's not very common especially for a girl
2) it's a name we thought was full of spunk and that she could make her own
Rocky's parents were able to fly in and be there shortly after she was born. It was wonderful to have some family around right after especially since we're so far from home.
I'm so thankful for this sweet little girl that Heavenly Father blessed us with! It brings me such joy to have her here with Rocky and me! We love her so much and I can't imagine being without her! We were so blessed to know she was on the way so quickly, that I had a great pregnancy, that she was okay after we got in the car accident, that I found a wonderful doctor shortly after moving out here, that I was able to have a smooth delivery with my doctor, the list goes on and on.
Rocky is so good with Reggie. It's really fun to see him with his little girl. He's the best Dad and I'm so thankful for him. He helps me a lot both with her and my job on top of his job and calling. He's a busy guy but he seems to handle it well and makes it look like a breeze. I have the best husband. :)

getting dressed in her take-home outfit (sorry it's upside down; this thing is being difficult)
Me and Reggie (Rocky and his impressive picture-taking skills)
Just about to leave and enter the real world
We are so blessed!!!

No comments: